Book Review Submission Guidelines

  Book Review Submission Guidelines.

Book Review Submission Guidelines

Thank you for your interest in having your book reviewed by Leo Vidal Book Reviews. I welcome submissions from independent authors, traditionally published authors, small presses, and publishers.

All reviews are provided without charge. There is no cost, purchase requirement, or obligation of any kind.

Books I Consider

I consider all types of fiction and nonfiction books. 

How to Submit Your Book

Please email your request to:

Leo@AuthorReadyPro.com

Include:

  • Book title

  • Author’s name

  • Genre

  • A short description or Amazon link

  • Publication date or expected publication date

  • Approximate page or word count

  • The available reading format

If you do not receive an acknowledgment within three business days, please send me a brief message through Facebook or Goodreads. Occasionally, email attachments or messages can be delayed or rejected.

Accepted Formats

I prefer a downloadable copy in one of these formats:

  • EPUB

  • Microsoft Word

  • PDF

Files delivered through BookFunnel, StoryOrigin, NetGalley, Google Drive, or a similar service may also be accepted, provided I can download and read the complete book.

Please do not send Kindle gift copies, gift cards, or purchase reimbursements.

My Review Policy

Submitting a book does not guarantee that I will accept or review it. I may examine the book or read a sample before deciding.

If I accept a book:

  • The review will be based on my honest opinion.

  • No favorable review or particular star rating is promised.

  • The author may not approve, edit, or influence the review.

  • The author may not pay for faster reading or preferential treatment.

  • I may decide not to post a review after reading the book.

  • Review timing is not guaranteed unless we have agreed upon a reasonable target date.

  • Complimentary copies will be disclosed when appropriate.

Reviews are normally published on Leo Vidal Book Reviews. I will usually also post a similar version on Amazon, Goodreads, BookBub or another bookselling or reader platform, but placement on any particular outside website is not guaranteed.

No Payment or Review Exchanges

I do not accept:

  • Payment for customer reviews

  • Gift cards or other compensation

  • Review exchanges

  • Requests for a guaranteed positive review

  • Requests for a particular star rating

  • Payment for faster or more favorable treatment

A complimentary reading copy is accepted only so I can evaluate the book. It does not create an obligation to publish a review.

Author Services Are Separate

I also operate Author Ready Pro, which provides optional publishing and marketing assistance to authors. These services are entirely separate from my book-review activities.

No author is required to purchase a service. Purchasing a service will never guarantee a review, affect the contents of a review, improve a rating, or provide priority consideration.

My published reviews will not advertise Author Ready Pro or pressure authors to purchase services.

After You Submit

I will let you know whether I am interested in considering your book. Please do not send repeated follow-up messages unless a reasonable amount of time has passed.

Because I receive more requests than I can accept, I select books according to my interests, available time, and the suitability of the book for this blog.

Thank you for considering Leo Vidal Book Reviews. I appreciate the opportunity to discover and support authors while providing readers with thoughtful, independent, and honest reviews.

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Timeline 1800–1899

Review of Beautiful Catastrophes: Fragments of the Fallen by Chase Walker